Monday, August 10, 2009

Page 14, Paragraphs 4 - 6

Damn you, pigs!

***

Page 14, Paragraph 4:

I don't know what to make of it. I don't see a crossroads or a river-bridge, yet the shagfoal came to me. I think about this, and now my belly makes a noise to tell me to walk further on and find food for it.

Paragraph 5:

I walk, and after I've gone a ways I turn around to look back. I see the logs - they've changed back into pigs now that I'm not near them anymore. The top pig mates with the one beneath him - he looks like he's having a good time. I figure if I run back they'll change back into logs just to piss me off. I spit and then turn and walk on.

Paragraph 6:

Above me, through the tree branch, is the sun, which follows me. I walk through the woods that are between me and another hill that I saw from the dirt hilltop where I saw the pigs. From far away, the hill looks little but it's become big now that I'm by it. The dirt beneath my feet rises, slowly at first, and then more and more, and I walk for a long time up the hill and by the trunks of many trees. I start breathing hard and my leg burns, and it's like that until I get to the top of the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment