Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Page 6, Paragraphs 6 - 8

Page 6, Paragraph 6:

Now I look above me. The sky is full of clouds [sky-beasts] and they are all in one grey herd as they run from the edge of the world to the edge of the world. It will be dark in a little while, so I won't be able to see my long black shadow [spirit-shape] that follows in my path. I'm all alone.

Paragraph 7:

My people don't want me, and say how I don't forage yet I eat what other people forage. In my belly I hear my mother saying, as she did when I was alive, how I'm idle and it's not good that she is made to find food for me all the time. She says our people don't like me and that they're keeping me with them while she's alive, and that they won't after that, and what do I say to that, and so forth. I say nothing back, and she hits me on the head and legs and makes a noise. Ah mother, there's no helping it, not even a little bit. I don't have a good feeling about it in my gut, as others do.

Paragraph 8 (which ends at the top of page 7):

It's strange, now. One moment I'm thinking of something, and then there's no following thought, and all is quiet in me. Yet other times I have a thought and a similar thought comes to me, after which many thoughts come in a row, like my people walking beneath the trees. The thoughts come in such numbers and so quickly that there's not a thing in between them. One thought turns into another, as with the pigs and the logs.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how long ago this was posted, but I reckon it's never too late to join in.

    By the way, in paragraph 7, line 3, I don't think it's "when I was alive", but rather "as she did wen she was alive".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments are always welcome, Ivan. :)

    You're right about the line you mentioned, of course. A silly mistake on my part.

    ReplyDelete